In this tutorial I'll show you how to make our favorite Instant Pot Applesauce just in time for apple season!
It's Fall Ya'll!
It took a bit of convincing, but yes the cooler weather has got me back in my kitchen. Our apple trees had a great year, which is always exciting!
(This post may contain affiliate links which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.)
We've been snacking on apples and cooking up some warm applesauce to freeze for the winter. And by winter I mean, it'll last until the end of November, maybe!
We will be using our Instant Pot for this recipe, but we have also made this applesauce in the Crock Pot or in our Dutch Oven.
Love your Dutch Oven and want another great recipe that we love?
Find our favorite Dutch Oven Green Bean Soup recipe here!
The kids love to help prep and core the apples using our Johnny Apple Peeler!
Add the Ingredients for the Apple Sauce
After coring and peeling, I cut the apples in half and toss them into the instant pot with 1 cup of water, ¼ cup of lemon juice and 1 cup of red hots.
Seal your Instant Pot and use the 'steam' setting for 20 minutes.
Blend your Apple Sauce
Once your sauce is done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally, remove lid and chop up a bit and stir. The apples should be soft. I use my immersion blender to blend to a smooth consistency.
At this point you could add a bit of sugar, stevia or honey for more sweetness. We used our honey crisp apples and didn't need to add any sugar this time.
Jar it up!
Easy Instant Pot Applesauce
- instant pot
- Immersion Blender
- 1 Pot of washed, peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Red Hots
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- First wash your apples.
- Peel, core and cut up the apples and add them to your instant pot.
- Add 1 Cup of Water, 1 Cup of Red Hot Candies and ¼ Cup of Lemon Juice
- Seal your Instant Pot and place on Steam mode for 20 minutes
- Allow to release naturally.
- Use an immersion blender to reach smooth consistency of applesauce.
- Jar up and either eat, refrigerate or freeze!
- You could opt to can this sauce also. Just follow the directions that come with your jars.