These refrigerator pickles are easy and so, so tasty. If you're not careful you might just eat the entire bucket! This recipe is probably the quickest, fastest way to make super tasty pickles. The only hard part is having to wait 3 days for the pickles to process in the fridge! These refrigerator pickles are by far my favorite garden food of the season! I love the days when we can make an entire lunch out of sweet corn, refrigerator pickles, and a sliced tomato! These are also great for those summer picnics that sneak up on you. You realize you were asked to bring a dish to pass and all you have to do is grab this bucket from the fridge, a pair of tongs and away you go! The first thing you need to do is demolish that bucket of ice cream in your freezer. Our cows will thank you!
(This post may contain affiliate links which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.)
The Video Tutorial:
6 Heads of green-seeded Dill 2 Chopped Onions 1 Ice Cream Bucket of Cucumbers (sliced the long way)
In a Large Pot Boil:
6 Cups of Water 3 Cups of Vinegar ⅓ Cup Canning Salts ¾ Cup Sugar Once this combination has boiled for about 5 minutes, let it cool down before adding it to the cucumbers.
In an empty and clean Ice Cream Bucket Layer:
3 Heads of Dill 1 Chopped Onion ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder All of your Sliced Pickles Cooled Brine 3 Heads of Dill 1 Chopped Onion ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder Cover
Place in Refrigerator
For 3 Days
Eat, Enjoy, Share!
Easy Refrigerator Pickles
- Large Kettle
- Ice Cream Bucket or larger plastic food-grade container
- 1 Ice Cream Bucket Sliced Cucumbers
- 2 Chopped Onions (1 for the bottom of the bucket & 1 for the top of the bucket)
- 6 Heads Dill (green seeded) (3 for the bottom of the bucket & 3 for the top of the bucket)
- 1.5 tsp. Garlic Powder (¾ tsp for the bottom of the bucket & ¾ tsp for the top of the bucket)
The Pickle Brine
- 6 Cups Water
- 3 Cups Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Canning Sea Salt
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- Bring the combined ingredients to a boil for 5 minutes and then let cool down before adding it to the bucket of pickles, onion, dill and garlic powder combination.
- While your brine is cooling, slice up cucumbers and onion.
- In a clean ice cream bucket add ¾ tsp of garlic powder, 3 heads of green seeded dill, and 1 chopped onion.
- Added your sliced cucumbers.
- Add ¾ tsp of garlic powder, 3 heads of green seeded dill, and 1 chopped onion.
- Pour cooled brine over entire bucket. Try your best to not overfill, but it will be brimming.
- Place covered bucket in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- ENJOY! (store in the refrigerator)
Other Hearty Sol Recipes you might like:
Thanks for stopping by! Cheers,