This sweet and tangy cranberry salsa turns a traditional salsa on its head. Bringing the smells and tastes of the season straight to your chicken taco!
I love making this salsa during the holiday season. Fresh cranberries are easy to find and bring such an aroma to a kitchen when preparing this salsa.
(This post may contain affiliate links which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you)
I've been making cranberry salsa for a while now, and this year, I decided to serve it with our traditional employee holiday appreciation lunch. I served it up in individual containers so everyone had their own. It was a big hit and many asked for the recipe.
This recipe is as easy as washing up the produce ingredients and chopping everything up. I love using my little kitchen aid mixer for this job. I did dial back on the jalepenos this time, but usually leave it most of the seeds for a bit of a kick.
The best way to serve cranberry salsa is with a heap of salty tortilla chips.
Don't just stop with mexican food, cranberry salsa is tasty on hot dogs, with turkey or over top of a baked potato.
RECIPE TIPS & NOTES
- Flavor Additions. Other ingredients that pair nicely with cranberries include apple, pear, mint, orange, and cinnamon. Try adding some of these to your fresh salsa to experiment with flavors.
- Cream Cheese. One of my readers said they make this recipe and mix it with softened cream cheese or mascarpone cheese. It’s a heavenly way to serve it! Grab a block of cream cheese, or just serve it with cream cheese and crackers.
- The Peppers. I’m using jalapeno peppers, which are my favorite peppers for this recipe. They have a nice level of heat for most people and I love the flavor. If you’re looking for a milder version, either core out the jalapenos before using them, or use bell peppers instead for a no-heat version. If you’d like a spicier version, bring in a serrano pepper, or several, or use spicier peppers, like a habanero pepper. Did I hear somebody say ghost pepper? I know some might be into this kinda heat, but I'm good with the jalepeno.
The BEST Cranberry Salsa
- Food Processor
- 1 lb. Cranberries
- ¼ C. Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno (take seeds out for less heat)
- 1 Lime (juice + zest)
- 1 ¼ C. Sugar
- 1 Bunch Scallions or ½ Large Red Onion
- 1 Bunch Cilantro (remove most of stems)
- Rinse produce.
- Chop all produce in a chopper, add lime juice, zest and sugar, stir and serve with chips or crackers!
OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM HEARTY SOL